Did you know that Walmart is the largest producer of finished prescription eyeglasses in the nation, and also the second largest provider of optical goods in the country? In fact, production at one of their main labs (Fayetteville, Arkansas) runs 24 hours a day, with a production record of 11,000 pairs of eyeglasses in one day! That information alone shows how millions of Americans trust and turn to Walmart Vision Center for their eyewear needs. Let’s take a closer look at all the reasons why:
Historical View of Walmart
An understanding of Walmart Vision Center’s origins will give you a greater appreciation for this vision giant. How did it begin, and how did it grow into the valued company it is now?
In 1991, Walmart entered the optical market with a line of affordable prescription lenses. In 2000, they began offering premium lenses, such as Zeiss. Customers were satisfied immediately with this upgrade, and the company moved forwards with providing high quality eyewear products that exceeded industry standards. For example, Walmart was one of the first optical businesses to offer anti-reflective and anti-scratch lens coatings. Many other large-scale retail stores didn’t have the resources to include these features.
At this point, there are approximately 3,000 of their Vision Centers located in Walmart stores and Sam’s Clubs. The selection of frames and lenses is massive, including plenty of designer glasses at a low budget price. In addition, they offer a full range of contact lenses and eye exams by qualified optometrists.
Reasons to Visit Walmart vs. Your Private Eye Doctor
- Walmart Vision Centers are located conveniently for most people
- Wide variety of quality eyewear – all at affordable prices
- Many styles, from trendy to classic, of designer frames
- Extensive selection of contact lenses; many types are available, including for hard-to-fit vision prescriptions
- Walk-ins are welcome; you can pop in whenever you have time, with no need to schedule an appointment
- Professional eye exams by an experienced optometrist – Walmart-employed eye doctors provide comprehensive eye exams to diagnose both eye diseases and vision conditions
Superior Customer Satisfaction
Our loyal customers keep returning because of their fantastic overall experience. With Walmart Vision Center’s stylish eyeglasses, premium contact lenses, friendly and helpful optical staff, expert eye care services, experienced optometrists, and low prices – there’s nothing else to look for when it comes to your family’s vision care.
*Tues/Thurs - No Doctor
*Alternating Saturdays - Call for Appointment.